Join the first PeaceTech Talk to discuss strategies against disinformation and the use of digital platforms to counter war and build peace.
The conflict in Ukraine represents the first conventional war in which disruptive technologies and digital platforms play a key role. In a series of online talks, the Global Peace Tech Hub invites to discuss the different ways in which digital technologies and technology platforms can contribute to the promotion of peace and build new bridges between citizens in Europe and the world. This first session will approach the topic from the perspective of information warfare, strategies against disinformation and the use of digital platforms to fight war and build peace.
Each panel will be moderated by a STG professor and will feature high-level speakers from the academic, policy and private sectors.
- Lauri Tierala | Programme Director, European Digital Media Observatory
- Aleksandra Przegalinska | Vice Rector at Kozminski University, Harvard LWP Senior Research Associate & 2022 SwissCognitive Ambassador
- Caleb Gichuhi, Africa Lead, Build Up
- Hubert Etienne | Computational Philospher conducting research in AI ethics and computational social sciences for social networks.
- Kalypso Nicolaidis | Chair of International Affairs, EUI School of Transnational Governance
The upcoming PeaceTech Talks will cover digital identities and refugee matching algorithms, blockchain and cryptocurrency, and the growing geopolitical importance of the tech and space industries in building peace across borders.